100 Calorie-Count Snack Ideas
It happens, those midday cravings often lead to a healthy plummet. Though healthy eating isn’t all about calorie counting, it’s nice to know what other quick & nutritious options are out there.
Next time hunger kicks in, reach for these 10 satisfying, healthy bites. Review our top-10 & then download our freebie, which you can save to your phone & always have on hand.
- 14 whole almonds: did you know, almonds have the highest concentration of nutrients per calorie? They also have more calcium than any other nut!
- Non-fat greek yogurt – 1/2 c with a dash of cinnamon & 1 tsp honey, greek yogurt is packed with probiotics, which help keep you regular & boost your mood/energy levels.
- 1/2 c Cottage cheese + 1/2 c blueberries: blueberries have the highest amount of antioxidants & are rich in heart-healthy, filling fiber.
- 10 baby carrots + 2 tbsp hummus: carrots help maintain healthy eyes, heart, teeth & gums.
- Egg whites + toast- toast one slice of whole-wheat bread and top with 2 scrambled egg whites. Sprinkle with a dash of pepper.
- 1/2 c edamame + sea salt: edamame is an excellent source of protein, iron, & calcium.
- 1 oz mozzarella + 1 small tomato + 1 tsp balsamic vinegar: mozzarella is a great low-fat cheese in moderation. Great source of calcium + biotin, which does good to your hair, skin, eyes, liver, & nervous system.
- Open face turkey sandwich- toast 1 slice of whole-wheat bread and spread with 1 teaspoon of honey mustard. Top with 2 slices of deli turkey.
- 1 tbsp PB Fit + rice cake: PBFit tastes just like regular PB, except it’s made with 90% less fat & 1/3 the calories!
- Bowl of Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP– made with simple, real ingredients
Angie’s Top Flavors (serving sizes= 100 calories)
- Sweet & Salty kettle corn ( 1.5 cups)
- Sea salt (2 cups)
- Light Kettle Corn, *50% less fat & 15% fewer calories than leading kettle corn (2 cups)
Do you have a favorite low-calorie snack that we missed? Let us know by leaving a comment below! XOXO, Denise & Emily