Are you bored with your typical broccoli or peas side dish, but know the importance of getting some dark green veggies each day? Look no further. This recipe is packed with some serious nutrients and there’s nothing boring about it.You can make it into a patty or veggie tots (my daughter’s favorite). My husband likes to eat it as a burger, topped with some roasted bell peppers. I like to eat as-is, topped with a simple sun dried tomato mayo.
Ingredients: CLICK HERE to download the recipe card.
2 c frozen peas
5 oz fresh kale (frozen works also)
7 oz broccoli, cut into florets
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 c rolled oats
1 c breadcrumbs
1/2 c walnuts, chopped
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp coconut aminos
Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add kale and simmer 2 minutes
Add frozen peas and cook for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and simmer another 2 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, in a heated skillet, Sautè onion for 2-3 minutes, add garlic and cook another minute. Set aside.
- Place the cooled veggies into a food processor and process for a few seconds. Make sure to leave some texture. Place in medium bowl and add rest of ingredients, including sauteed onions. Mix well.
- Mix into patties or tots.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium heat and cook each patty for about a minute on each side or until lightly browned.